Thursday, September 10, 2009

Inspired 2

The second church that has inspired me is First Baptist Church of Woodstock. I grew up in, and served on staff at Hopewell Baptist church. Pastor Norman Hunt is pastor Johnny Hunt's older brother. When I was with Hopewell we did some amazing things, God is still doing some amazing things at Hopewell right now. When I was there I lead a small college and career service. Across town FBCW lead one as well...and they ran 400 to 600 college/singles. It was always difficult to find people to reach that FBCW wasn't already reaching. It was a challenge to think about where to start because it always felt that no stone was unturned. Which is why I am so impressed by this ministry. Love him or hate him Johnny Hunt is a man that's hard to ignore. I once heard him preach at a Winter xtreme conference and he said "I don't want to leave this world the same way I found it". I was very impressed by that, because his heart was to simply do the best job that he could with the talents that God have him. Through the ministry of FBCW was birthed the Love Loud project. This is a series of projects where the church meeting the needs of the community with no expectation of anything in return ( including membership) simply because we are suppose to. This has been such a success that Dr. Hunt has taken this campaign to the SBC. I am modeling it here in Lufkin Texas because I was so impressed with it. In a world where churches are often lead by lazy preachers, Woodstock stands out as a rock in the north Georgia suburb's that's willing to go whatever it take to reach the lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment