Wednesday, February 9, 2011

This has been an exciting month

The past couple days have been very productive for our church plant. I can actually say "our" because I have started to assemble our launch team. It's small right now, but those who are called are both eager, and have already started to help with the finances. We've found a company who helps churches get started on the business side. They have a payment schedule worked out that we can handle, and they will take care of everything it takes for us to get legal. I have to admit, that aspect of church planting is the scariest to me. I can do the pastor stuff, but outside of balancing my family budget I have no experience with business administration. I get nervous at the thought of payroll, social security, housing, salaries, taxes, w2's etc. There are some great resources available, but it still doesn't change the fact that I'm a preacher, not an accountant. One of my very first needs is going to be either a company who assists churches with their administrative needs, or I'm going to need to hire a business administrator. I'd love to hear what other church planters do for this hurdle.

On a positive note, we have secured a location for our pre-launch meetings. A church I served at when I was 22 agreed to let us use their worship center on the weekend. They have very limited resources available for audio and visual needs, but it's a space with lights and seats. It's beats meeting in the park during February. My brother who will eventually become our creative arts director is working on our promotional material for our vision night. Once he finishes i'll start getting the word out to everyone I can think of. At the very least we hope to make some prayer partners. Our hopes are to inform potential launch team members about our vision, and challenge them to commit to joining the launch team.

So, these are exciting times. Only God knows where our journey will take us, we are just clinging to this vision with reckless abandonment, and believing God will do mighty things.

No comments:

Post a Comment