Monday, March 7, 2011

Church Plant Update

This post is for those who are interesting in knowing about what's going on with my church plant. I'm going to give you a condensed version of where were at so far.

-God made it clear to me that my time serving in Texas was to position me for to plant a Church.
-My family moved back to Georgia with nothing more than a calling to serve Him.
-I started getting scared and started questioning whether or not I should just take a staff job.
-Michele and I stepped out on faith and surrendered to this plant.
-Almost the next day People started contacting me about being apart of the plant (I hadn't even advertised it yet..total God thing).
-About a week after Jason the lead pastor of a church plant in Rome contacted me because he heard I was planting a church and wanted to see if he could help.
-We met for lunch and hit it off. God has given us the same heart for ministry, so we have decided to collaborate.
-This means were forming a network, his church will provide coaching, finances, personnel, equipment, and staff and in return we will give financially to the network once were on our feet.
-Jason and I have continued to meet weekly and he's coaching me through the tough first steps. I just met with the staff, and they are also going to help us get started.
-I'm working with a company called startchurch.com who's helping us with the legal side. Between the two were are going to have everything ready to plant with lots of wisdom guiding us.
-To begin were starting a small group. It will start on March 20th at 6:00pm at my parents house in Lake Arrowhead. (Email if you'd like to attend and need directions)

The purpose of this small group is so I can cast vision for the church, love on the people that God has drawn to this movement, and gather my launch team. The launch team is the group of people God has called to plant a new church. They are the ones who will be the very first partners of the church, and will help with various aspects of leadership and ministry in the church. Email me at pastorbeers@yahoo.com if you'd like to ask any questions. If you're interested in attending the first small group meeting contact me and I'll make sure you have directions. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and please keep us in your prayers.

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment