Saturday, March 5, 2011

I don't have my journal handy

So tell me if I'm type A after reading this: I have 3 journals. 1.) It's for what God's doing in my life, personal events, frustrations, and in the very general sense a journal 2.) My second journal is where I take notes that I like when listening to good preaching, and or when I want to remember something from God's word, or a sermon idea 3.) My 3rd journal is a way to catalogue my highlighted passages in any books I'm reading...Wow even writing that makes me feel a little OCD.

Right now I have something cool that God gave me, but I don't have access to any of them so I'll just use this blog as an entry for journal number 2:

I grew up hearing "this is the church, this is the steeple, open the doors and see all the people (imagine the hand gestures)
-This fundamental flaw of theology misses the point that the church isn't a building. We are the church! When we reduce the bride of Christ to a man made structure we are replacing the true church with something created by man.The irony is that the only thing created to reflect God is man, and by making His church about something we've created, it's like were saying "nice try God, but..." See how this idea is dangerous, and needs to be fixed?

No comments:

Post a Comment